Saturday 13 October 2018

Dark Temptation


Chapter 1

It was a bright sunny morning, one where you would expect the day to be just as perfect. But that was not the case then. That day was one straight out of Hell!

I went out for my usual morning jog around the neighborhood; though, for some reason, I was a bit hesitant. There was an itch in the back of mind that I couldn't get rid of, but chalked it up to paranoia and shoved it aside as I kept going.

However, just as I reached the end of the street, I heard it. A loud, screeching sound that instantly had me covering my ears as my eyes squeezed shut, and I stood paralyzed as the sound continued.

After what seemed like hours but we're probably seconds, the sound stopped. Hesitantly, I pulled my hands away from my ears and looked up. There was no one around me and it was dead silent; not even the birds sang their melody nor the crickets made a sound. But then, my eyes locked onto the entrance to an alleyway a few feet from me.

I don't know what it was but something told that's where the sound came from. My feet moved on their own, carrying me to the entrance. Reaching the edge, I leaned back against the wall and inhaled deeply, before peering over the side into the alley.

There was nothing there!

The alley was empty except for the dumpster that sat next to a wall, by the back door of the restaurant.

I didn't know what to think. I was sure that noise came from there, my gut told me that much. Coming out from around the edge, I walked into the alley and glanced around; and it was then that I saw it...

The blood! 

3 comments:

Dark Temptation

Chapter 1 It was a bright sunny morning, one where you would expect the day to be just as perfect. But that was not the case then. That ...