Monday 29 September 2014

The Night Bus.

It was dark and quiet night, except for the moonlight there was no other source of light. I wandered around on the street for while thinking about where I was, then when realization hit me I knew I was just around the corner from my house.
I started to walk towards my house but then all a sudden a white light came at me and blinded me. I could see nothing until my eyes finally adjusted themselves. I saw that the light came from around the corner, but when I started walking towards it I realized the distance was not shortening. I started to run but even then the distance did not decrease. I stopped to catch my breath. After a while I saw that the light from around the corner was coming closer, moving towards me. At first I started to panic but soon i realized that the light was form the headlights of a bus. The bus came to a stop right in front of me. I hadn't known that buses ran this late, this whole situation began to seem more and more like a dream. Then the doors of the bus opened. I climbed up only to see that it was completely empty. It was very odd. There were no people on the bus but the engine was running and their belongings were there.
I was terrified. Just a while ago I saw the bus moving but now it was empty, even the driver seat. I turned around to get out, but before I could do so the doors closed and locked themselves. Panicking I started banging on the doors and screaming for help. I tried to opening the doors but the wouldn't even budge. I started to scream louder until my throat started to ache. Then as soon as I was quiet, the bus started to move again. Now completely freaked out, I looked over my shoulder only to see that the driver seat was empty and the bus was driving itself. I turned around and started shouting for help again, not caring how much my throat ached. All I could think of was to get out, or wake up if this was all just a nightmare. And then I felt a hand on my shoulder. Trying to calm myself, so that hyperventilate, I looked over my shoulder but there was no one there. Being overcome with fear I fainted.
The next morning I woke up, by the sound of mom's worried voice, feeling tired and drowsy, I realized I was outside my house on the doorstep. At first I couldn't remember what happened, but when images of last night's event came flooding back I got up and ran inside, telling mom to lock the door. I couldn't understand what had happened, whether it was a dream or not, but if it was a dream then why was I on the doorstep when I woke up. My mom was really worried but all I could manage to tell her was that I went for a walk and must have fallen asleep there. I didn't have the courage or strength to tell her the real story. That day I took an oath to never mention it again to anyone or go out alone at night ever again. And the mystery of that night bus would just remain that, a mystery.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dark Temptation

Chapter 1 It was a bright sunny morning, one where you would expect the day to be just as perfect. But that was not the case then. That ...